Monday, April 23, 2012

How About them Apples?



Has your Ipod failed lately? Or your Iphone? It seems as though products are built to last 2-5 years these days. Whether its your cell, Ipod or LCD TV, chances are you are replacing devices more often than our parents ever did. My parents have appliances and TVs that have lasted over 15 years..crazy eh? My Ipod lasted 26 months before I held its funeral last weekend. This week alone, two other friends of mine had to replace their Iphones. Apple has a return/recycle program but its pretty much useless. They "recycle" your dead device and give you 10% off of a new one. So I decided to save the $20 and keep my Ipod since it still can play music on my Ipod dock at home. These devices, in particular Apple products, are meant to last a short time, just long enough past the one year warranty. Once the device has an issue, its over! I mean..there's no way of repairing it. You just have to cough up another $200+ for a brand new device. No wonder Apple is the richest company in the world. Sadly there is a field full of these "recycled" devices somewhere..le sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment