Monday, April 30, 2012

30 before 30?


30 things to know before 30. Seeing as how I have just 6 months before my 30th birthday, I thought I would have a gander. This "list" became famous in 1997 by Pamela Redmond Satran and was rewritten in 2005. It was originally an article in Glamour magazine and is now a published book available for all young women to read. Some items every woman must have on the list include: a set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill and a black lace bra, a friend to laugh with and a friend to cry with, a decent piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone in your family. OK, I already feel slightly inadequate. What we should know: how to fall in love without losing yourself, how to take control of your own birthday (I will never learn this one), how to quit a job, break up with a man and confront a friend without ruining the friendship. I guess these are all worthwhile lessons. I am not sure the book will be worth a full read since the list is already quite comprehensive. Though it is nice to know that not everyone has everything on track by 30 and knowing yourself and what you want is the greatest accomplishment of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment