Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Draper looking Dapper in Plaid?


Don Draper can never look bad. This is just a statement of fact. I am still not sure how I feel about his recent plaid sport coat debut a couple weeks ago. His new wife bought it for him and I must say, I have mixed feelings. Mad Men is one of my favourite shows and its impact on the fashion scene has been awesome. Men are now bringing back the "dapper" look of the 60's with dark framed glasses, suave hair and of course, the yummy three piece suits and occasional fedora style hats. Even Banana Republic has joined in, debuting a Mad Men collection for the second time.  I have even been to a couple Mad Men themed parties..there is no end to the fun you can have. Anyway, back to the sport coat...perhaps this is an ode to the change in wardrobe experienced by men in the 50-60s when they slowly transitioned from full suits to business casual (turtlenecks, blazers and the like). Or maybe the coat is a symbol of how Draper's new wife (who no one really loves..where is JJ these days???), has a greater influence on his life and fashion choices. Draper looks so dapper in dark well fitted suits...he doesn't conform to fashion trends. I think he looks like an awkward lumberjack trying to fit in...when will this nightmare be over??

No comments:

Post a Comment