Saturday, April 28, 2012

Bon Iver


Bon Iver won the 2012 Grammy for Best New Artist and it was well deserved. Struggling with mono at his dad's cabin in the woods of Wisconsin, the music and idea behind Bon Iver (bon hiver - "good winter" in French) was born. Somewhere between the plaid shirts and cold weather came the inspiration for hits such as For Emma and Skinny Love. The music is a little folksy for me but I love playing it during long drives or blasting it as background music in my house. The band's version of "I cant make you love me" has brought many to tears. Its rare to have musicians write, produce and perform their own music these days..especially with such passion and emotion. The fact that the band has become so popular and is now winning mainstream awards, restores my faith in us all and our ability to recognize real talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment