Sunday, May 6, 2012

RIP MCA

When I heard the news Friday that Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys had passed away, I didn't want to believe it. I knew he had been battling cancer since 2009, but he just seemed too young to die. I like many of my friends, thought the Beastie Boys would live forever and continue the fight for our right to party. Yauch was such an innovator of music and the arts in general. He was involved in all aspects of the arts including films and documentaries. Its sad that we have lost such a creative and benevolent man too soon. He had a fun sense of humour that translated with all ages and fit in well with his out of the box thinking. But for every Nathaniel Hornblower stunt, there were his kind words and acts that showed another side to the Beasties. It is sad that there will never be another Beasties concert..an end to one of the greatest live bands in history.

No comments:

Post a Comment